Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2013/01/02 23:50:32 UTC

For information: Ubuntu on Android phones news report

BBC report that Ubuntu will be modified to run on Android phones.  This may open the door for a port of Apache OpenOffice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20891868

I offer the  report as is, from a reliable news source.  Please don't shoot the messenger!

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: For information: Ubuntu on Android phones news report

Posted by imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>.
On 2013/01/03 06:50, Rory O'Farrell said:
> BBC report that Ubuntu will be modified to run on Android phones.  This may open the door for a port of Apache OpenOffice
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20891868

    I can't wait to see that.

    I tried to install Linux inside my Android ASUS Transformer in last
week  I hoped to see OpenOffice my Transformer.  The performance is
poor.  Android uses framebuffer instead of the X-server for display.
Framebuffer is terrible in performance for desktop applications.

    From the news article, it seems that Canonical is planning to
replace the Android OS on the devices with its Ubuntu Linux.  This seems
reasonable to solve the framebuffer performance problem, replacing it
completely with an X-server.  However, I have many Android applications
and games on my Transformer.  I would not replace my Android OS for that. :p

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>

OpenOffice http://www.openoffice.org/