Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pranay Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/20 18:57:19 UTC

Cassandra cluster Too high DISK IOs

Hi All.

I am using 15 nodes cassandra cluster(m3.2xlarge) with provisioned IOPS
disks (4000). I can see around 12k reads/sec ops on the cassandra cluster.

But I see around *~3500 read IOPS* on each of the cassandra nodes. Is that
normal?

I am using LevelledCompaction and I can see in the histograms that most
read requests are coming from 1/2 sstables only. Why are there so many disk
IOPS or is the normal for cassandra?

-Pranay

Re: Cassandra cluster Too high DISK IOs

Posted by Pranay Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.
No. as shown in the histograms, 99% of reads are using 2 or less number of
tables. What's typical usually? Can anyone share from experience?

Posted by Duncan Sands <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pranay Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.