Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/07/19 21:54:57 UTC

Apr_dbm

I was wondering if anyone had any reason why we couldn't have multiple
dbms at runtime instead of choosing at compile time.

what I am thinking is something like how SMS works.. you have a
apr_dbm_[sdbm|gdbm|tdb|db]_create(...) which would create the right
structure, and the functions apr_dbm_fetch would call the right db
layer.

I don't the speed of a extra memory reference is going to matter too
much, seeing how they would be hitting disk/complex structures in most
cases.

--
Ian Holsman          IanH@cnet.com
Performance Measurement & Analysis

Re: Apr_dbm

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.
On 19 Jul 2001 15:02:54 -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Sounds doable.  I'd pass the 'desired' as an arg to apr_dbm_create rather
> than a half-dozen new fn's though.
only problem is that some dbm's might require other parameters to be
set, or the actual dbm may not exist in the apr and this method would
APR not to be modified

we should  still have the apr_dbm_create fn for 'I don't care,just give
me one' people.

Re: Apr_dbm

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.