Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl> on 2002/06/30 19:24:06 UTC

strange database problem

Hello,
I had to connect cocoon to msde engine (do not ask why .. it will be ms sql
server in the final distribution) .. while searching for jdbc driver i have
found jadozoom from http://www.infozoom.de/NS/javaado.html

I've bin using win32 tomcat 4.0.1 with cocoon 2.1-dev (some weeks old dev
snapshot - I think it was xml-cocoon2_20020421102223.tar.gz but I'm not sure).
It's been working more than fine. After installing cocoon
xml-cocoon2_20020625041850.tar.gz snapshot strange error occured (I've put the
full stacktrace at the end of the message):

WARN    (2002-06-30) 18:58.08:045   [sitemap] (/cocoon/xspxml/cdn)
HttpProcessor[80][4]/PipelineNode: Error while processing pipeline at
jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:645:17
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Error executing
statement: select * from cdn.towary: com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: Current
provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single
execution. in ADODB.Recordset code=0 Type=1

First I thought that it's something wrong with msde provider or jdbc driver
but getting back to 2002.04.21 dev snapshot makes the error disappear.

I switched to Inet Opta driver but it does not show polish letters correctly
..

I'm really stuck. Could anyone tell me if this is a cocoon bug or maybe a
cause of some functionality extension that will last from now on ?

The stacktrace is:

WARN    (2002-06-30) 18:58.08:045   [sitemap] (/cocoon/xspxml/cdn)
HttpProcessor[80][4]/PipelineNode: Error while processing pipeline at
jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:645:17
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Error executing
statement: select * from cdn.towary: com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: Current
provider does not support returning multiple recordsets from a single
execution. in ADODB.Recordset code=0 Type=1
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenerator.java:275)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:520)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(CachingProcessingPipeline.java:194)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:495)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:142)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:83)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:160)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:157)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:152)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:327)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:309)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:999)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:201)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:163)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1011)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> The esql logicsheet is now using JDBC features that your driver does not
> support.
the older version that works for me is 1.18
the one that does not: 1.28

SUMMARY: Cocoon, MSDE, jadozoom jdbc driver

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
SUMMARY:
When using cocoon with MSDE and jadozoom jdbc driver this error may occur:
> > On Sunday 30 June 2002 01:24 pm, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> > > com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: Current provider does not support returning
> > > multiple recordsets from a single execution. in ADODB.Recordset code=0
> > > Type=1

The error starts to occur somewhere between esql.xsl version 1.6 (still works)
and 1.28 (does not). The 1.29 works properly for this case

> Please try again with a snap shot newer than 2002-06-28
Applying this solved the problem
	ouzo

--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> Just double checking. You've upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.1-dev
> (snapshot), right? Could you try the same with a 2.0.3 CVS version?
Both cocoon versions are 2.1-dev (downloaded as cvs snapshots)
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 02.Jul.2002 -- 03:09 PM, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> > > It works quite fine with only one small "but": I was using cocoon version from
> > > april ( 2002.04.20 i think ). The response times (after compiling the xsp
> > > page) where somewhere about 80-190 ms. Now it's 200-400 ms and sometimes more.
> > > What may cause such great difference in response times? The xsp file is really
> > > simple: it does select * from tablename only and outputs all columns. The
> > > recordset retrieved contains 23 records (about 20 columns each).
> >
> > Mmmh, nothing that comes to mind should have a significant effect on
> > performance. Someone suggested using a different driver, so, did you
> > measure the different response times with the same driver? Does
> > performance degenerate over time?

> It is the very same jadozoom driver. I cannot tell if the performance
> degenerates but I think not. The difference is significant though.

Just double checking. You've upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.1-dev
(snapshot), right? Could you try the same with a 2.0.3 CVS version?

(Don't know enough about WinCVS www.wincvs.org to give instructions,
this is command line cvs usage)

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
password: anoncvs

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -r cocoon_2_0_3_branch xml-cocoon2

Build cocoon:
cd xml-cocoon2

bash build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

WAR is in build/cocoon/

Remember to clear $TOMCAT/work before restarting.

TIA.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 04.Jul.2002 -- 05:59 PM, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> > Well, if you want to spare me the experimenting you could take the
> > ESQL components from one version and replace the other versions,
> > rebuild and retry. If this setup shows the same timings as before
>
> The problem is I do not have the cocoon sources for older version. If you are
> able to identify the version and tell me where I can download it from (I think
> dev snapshots are not archved, are they?)

Don't think so. But CVS let's you retrieve any version:

(have a current cvs checkout, move to that directory. Description how to obtain such
a version can be found on http://xml.apache.org/cvs.html)

cvs update -d -P -D "2002-04-20" .

I belive checkout takes the "-D" option as well.

In case you cannot use CVS, there's a web interface on http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/
that lets you retrieve older versions as well. It's only 4 or 5 files.

	Chris.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 04.Jul.2002 -- 08:38 AM, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> > That looks bad, indeed. I will have a look at it but it will take some
> > time to reproduce these values (gimme a week or so). I take your word
> > for it that you haven't changed anything else around it like move the
> > DBMS to another machine, upgrade your network, CPU, RAM, JDK, JDBC
> > driver or anything else.
>
> I've collected these timings today substituting only cocoon directories

Great!

OK, I've downloaded the indicated files.

> > If you care to do some experiments yourself, the ESQL stuff is fairly
> > self-contained and does not depend on other changes in Cocoon. Thus
> > it's only o.a.c.c.l.m.xsp/Esql*.java and o.a.c.c.l.m.xsp.java/esql.xsl
> >
> > The resulting java code produced from your XSP should be fairly
> > similar with both versions, actually.
> >
> > The main difference should be the introduction of various switch
> > statements to select different results. Those are outside the
> > retrieval loop and so should not account for a big slow-down.
> >
> > The other major difference should be, that the current version does
> > not check for another result set while the older version did (in a not
> > JDBC compliant way - that was changed to be compliant and later
> > disabled).
> >
> > Other things happend in the grouping / CallableStatement support which
> > should not be used in your case.
>
> What exactly should I do ?

Well, if you want to spare me the experimenting you could take the
ESQL components from one version and replace the other versions,
rebuild and retry. If this setup shows the same timings as before
(e.g. improve with old ESQL in new C2 or deteriorate with new ESQL in
old C2), then it would indicate that it's indeed an ESQL problem.
Otherwise something else in C2 is responsible for the performance
loss.

If it's no ESQL problem, timing differences for other XSPs would be
helpful. If they don't differ, it's likely that it's the Avalon
Excalibur version that accounts for it. Unfortunately, C2 and Avalon
are tightly coupled that it might be difficult to switch versions.

	Chris.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> That looks bad, indeed. I will have a look at it but it will take some
> time to reproduce these values (gimme a week or so). I take your word
> for it that you haven't changed anything else around it like move the
> DBMS to another machine, upgrade your network, CPU, RAM, JDK, JDBC
> driver or anything else.

I've collected these timings today substituting only cocoon directories

> However, I will not be able to test against your setup and use a
> different DBMS / OS / JDK / Servlet-Container.
To eliminate my fault somewhere please download file from

http://ouzo.niebiosa.com/cocoon.rar (rar 3.0 packed - ca. 18 MB ) or
http://ouzo.niebiosa.com/cocoon.tar.gz  - ca. 27 MB

It contains both cocoon versions (apidocs were stripped because of size but I
left the rest). I can also send you the database installation file but you'll
have to run in on Win32( or someone else who is willing to try to reproduce my
results)

> It would help to have some more information on the table, like number
> and type of columns, number of rows.

at the location http://ouzo.niebiosa.com/table.txt you will find as much table
information as I could get
the records I'm working on are at http://ouzo.niebiosa.com/records.txt

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> It is the very same jadozoom driver. I cannot tell if the performance
> degenerates but I think not. The difference is significant though.
> 	ouzo
here are some timings taken from cocoon log:

version somewhere round 2002.04.20
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 2.453 seconds.
DEBUG HttpProcessor[80][4]/AbstractEnvironment: Resolving 'docs/samples/xsp/esql2.xsp' in context 'file:/C:/Dev/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/'
DEBUG HttpProcessor[80][4]/AbstractEnvironment: Resolving 'docs/samples/xsp/esql2.xsp' in context 'file:/C:/Dev/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/'
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 270 milliseconds.
DEBUG HttpProcessor[80][4]/AbstractEnvironment: Resolving 'docs/samples/xsp/esql2.xsp' in context 'file:/C:/Dev/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/'
DEBUG HttpProcessor[80][4]/AbstractEnvironment: Resolving 'docs/samples/xsp/esql2.xsp' in context 'file:/C:/Dev/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/'
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 140 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 110 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 200 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 211 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 110 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 190 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 120 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 111 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 200 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 110 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 230 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 100 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 220 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 110 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 110 milliseconds.

version 2002.07.01
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 5.378 seconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 460 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 250 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 270 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 280 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 300 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 231 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 270 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 201 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 270 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 771 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 321 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 300 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 300 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 210 milliseconds.
INFO  HttpProcessor[80][4]/CocoonServlet: 'xspxml/cdn' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev in 300 milliseconds.

there was no performance tuning, no other pages are created just standard
cocoon installation + one xsp file (and jdbc driver of course)

	ouzo

--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 30.Jun.2002 -- 01:26 PM, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 01:24 pm, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> > com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: Current provider does not support returning
> > multiple recordsets from a single execution. in ADODB.Recordset code=0
> > Type=1
> >
> > First I thought that it's something wrong with msde provider or jdbc driver
> > but getting back to 2002.04.21 dev snapshot makes the error disappear.
>
> The esql logicsheet is now using JDBC features that your driver does not
> support.

Since multiple "important" DBMSs have problems with checking for
multiple result sets, it has been disabled by default for the current
CVS version. It can be re-enabled by using
<esql:allow-multiple-results>yes</esql:allow-multiple-results> Option
to <esql:connection/>.

Please try again with a snap shot newer than 2002-06-28

	Chris.

Please follow up summarizing your problem and which suggested solution /
information worked for you. Add "SUMMARY: " to the subject line. This
will make FAQ generation and searching the list easier. In addition,
it makes helping you more fun. Thank you.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> The esql logicsheet is now using JDBC features that your driver does not
> support.
I do not really think that is a problem. See what gets generated:

         	<row>
           <Twr_TwrId>22</Twr_TwrId><Twr_Typ>0</Twr_Typ><Twr_Kod>NIWELACJA</Twr_Kod><Twr_NumerKat>020</Twr_NumerKat><Twr_SWW/><Twr_EAN/><Twr_Nazwa>Niwelacja ogrodu, przygotowanie do nasadzeń</Twr_Nazwa><Twr_Grupa>USŁUGI</Twr_Grupa><Twr_URL/><Twr_KatId>55</Twr_KatId><Twr_Kategoria>Wykonanie ogrodów</Twr_Kategoria><Twr_Opis/><Twr_EdycjaNazwy>0</Twr_EdycjaNazwy><Twr_KopiujOpis>1</Twr_KopiujOpis><Twr_EdycjaOpisu>0</Twr_EdycjaOpisu><Twr_JM>DZIEŃ</Twr_JM><Twr_JMZ/><Twr_JMPrzelicznikL>1</Twr_JMPrzelicznikL><Twr_JMPrzelicznikM>1</Twr_JMPrzelicznikM><Twr_JMCalkowite>0</Twr_JMCalkowite><Twr_TwCNumer>2</Twr_TwCNumer><Twr_UdostepniajWCenniku>0</Twr_UdostepniajWCenniku><Twr_KosztUslugi>70</Twr_KosztUslugi><Twr_KosztUslugiTyp>1</Twr_KosztUslugiTyp><Twr_Stawka>22</Twr_Stawka><Twr_Flaga>2</Twr_Flaga><Twr_Zrodlowa>0</Twr_Zrodlowa><Twr_OpeZalID>3</Twr_OpeZalID><Twr_TS_Zal>2000-11-15 10:37:37</Twr_TS_Zal><Twr_OpeModID>1</Twr_OpeModID><Twr_TS_Mod>2001-11-23 09:41:17</Twr_TS_Mod><Twr_KatZakId>55</Twr_KatZakId><Twr_KategoriaZak>Wykonanie ogrodów</Twr_KategoriaZak><Twr_StawkaZak>22</Twr_StawkaZak><Twr_FlagaZak>2</Twr_FlagaZak><Twr_ZrodlowaZak>0</Twr_ZrodlowaZak>

           </row>

         	<row>
           <Twr_TwrId>23</Twr_TwrId><Twr_Typ>1</Twr_Typ><Twr_Kod>GRABKI</Twr_Kod><Twr_NumerKat>021</Twr_NumerKat><Twr_SWW/><Twr_EAN>2010000000106</Twr_EAN><Twr_Nazwa>Grabki do liści</Twr_Nazwa><Twr_Grupa>AKCESORIA</Twr_Grupa><Twr_URL/><Twr_KatId>17</Twr_KatId><Twr_Kategoria>Sprzedaż akcesoriów ogrodniczych</Twr_Kategoria><Twr_Opis/><Twr_EdycjaNazwy>1</Twr_EdycjaNazwy><Twr_KopiujOpis>1</Twr_KopiujOpis><Twr_EdycjaOpisu>1</Twr_EdycjaOpisu><Twr_JM>SZT</Twr_JM><Twr_JMZ/><Twr_JMPrzelicznikL>1</Twr_JMPrzelicznikL><Twr_JMPrzelicznikM>1</Twr_JMPrzelicznikM><Twr_JMCalkowite>0</Twr_JMCalkowite><Twr_TwCNumer>2</Twr_TwCNumer><Twr_UdostepniajWCenniku>0</Twr_UdostepniajWCenniku><Twr_KosztUslugi>0</Twr_KosztUslugi><Twr_KosztUslugiTyp>1</Twr_KosztUslugiTyp><Twr_Stawka>7</Twr_Stawka><Twr_Flaga>2</Twr_Flaga><Twr_Zrodlowa>0</Twr_Zrodlowa><Twr_OpeZalID>3</Twr_OpeZalID><Twr_TS_Zal>2000-11-15 14:51:36</Twr_<html xmlns:error="http://apache.org/cocoon/error/2.0">
<head>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<title>error:An error occurred</title>

23 rows get generated and suddenly one of the tags does not get closed:
<Twr_TS_Zal>2000-11-15 14:51:36</Twr_<html xmlns:error="http://apache.org/cocoon/error/2.0">
                                   ^^^^^^ in here

if my driver does not support logicsheet functionality howcome do I see some data from db?
	ouzo

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Sunday 30 June 2002 01:24 pm, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> com.inzoom.adojni.ComException: Current provider does not support returning
> multiple recordsets from a single execution. in ADODB.Recordset code=0
> Type=1
>
> First I thought that it's something wrong with msde provider or jdbc driver
> but getting back to 2002.04.21 dev snapshot makes the error disappear.

The esql logicsheet is now using JDBC features that your driver does not
support.

You might try the JDBC driver available from microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/779/msdncompositedoc.xml
or
http://makeashorterlink.com/?S10911A21

if the above wraps and doesn't work correctly.

-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: strange database problem

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
I forgot to include the query to prove that it's more than simple:

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2">
	<content>
		<esql:connection>
			<esql:pool>cdn</esql:pool>
			<esql:execute-query>
				<esql:query>select * from cdn.towary</esql:query>
				<esql:results>
					<esql:row-results>
						<row>
							<esql:get-columns/>