Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/26 19:55:39 UTC

UIMA presentation in NYC - Feb 24

Hello,

If you are in or near New York City on Feb 24, 2010, you may want to come to the UIMA presentation by Dr. Pablo Duboue (he's a subscriber here):

  http://www.meetup.com/NYC-Search-and-Discovery/calendar/12384559/

This is an "excerpt from the blurb" about Pablo's talk:

In this talk, I will briefly present UIMA basics before discussing full
UIMA systems I have been involved in the past (including our Expert
Search system in TREC Enterprise Track 2007). I will be talking about
how UIMA supported the construction of our custom NLP tools. I will
also sketch the new characteristics of the UIMA Asynchronous Scaleout
(UIMA AS) subproject that enable UIMA to run Analysis Engines in
thousands of machines.

Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch