Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Worden <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 00:34:28 UTC

Does maven work with Cygwin? Please help!

Hi,

I've just installed the latest Cygwin and maven 2.0.6

When I open a cygwin window and attempt to execute maven --version I get the
following:

bash-3.2$ mvn --version
bash: /cygdrive/c/bin/maven-2.0.6/bin/mvn: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such
file or directory

Also - please reply directly to me as I am not subscribed to this mailing
list (and I don't want to be subscribed to it!). I cannot believe you guys
don't have a searchable user forum on your website!

Thanks for the help,

Alex

RE: Does maven work with Cygwin? Please help!

Posted by "Lacoste, Dana" <da...@hp.com>.
Works fine for me:

$ which mvn
/cygdrive/c/java/maven-2.0.5/bin/mvn

$ mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.5

Only catch I have is that some of my pom.xml files have
antrun sections that refer to C:\ paths and that doesn't
quite resolve 100% some of the time, but for pure java
stuff it works fine :)

Dana Lacoste

Posted by ben short <ja...@gmail.com>.
http://www.nabble.com/Maven---Users-f178.html

Posted by "Lacoste, Dana" <da...@hp.com>.
Actually, that looks like you have a dos2unix problem
(If the first line of your mvn script has #!/bin/sh^M
rather than just #!/bin/sh you might get that message)

Dana

Posted by alexworden <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I finally resorted to re-installing cygwin again. I must have somehow gotten
a corrupt version of it. I think things are working now.

Thanks for your help.

Hey - also... Thanks to Bob for the link to this forum. Is this part of the
official maven site? I can't see any links to the forum on the side-nav bar.
There's nothing in the FAQ about it either.

Who can we send comments to about improving the Maven web site?

Thanks again!

Alex