Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Tim Robertson <ti...@apache.org> on 2024/04/09 15:27:22 UTC

Re: Media Type

Hi folks

I stumbled upon this thread while searching for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-488

At our organisation (GBIF.org) we issue Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) for all datasets we deliver - some of which are in Avro format, and go into Google, Amazon and MS public datasets. In the DOI metadata we have to fill the MIME type and we thought it might be good to use a proper one as it'll live in this metadata for years.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim