Posted to apachecon-discuss@apache.org by dsh <da...@googlemail.com> on 2012/05/30 22:54:39 UTC

[STATUS] ApacheCon Europe 2012 CFP?

Hi,

after talking to Mohammad Nour El-Din on gtalk concerning ApacheCon
Europe I thought I write a quick note to this list to figure out how
the preparations for the CFP are progressing? The reason for my
question is, that I am working at the German IBM R&D lab and I'd be
happy to volunteer on distributing the CFP internally at our lab so we
eventually would have some IBM speakers for ApacheCon Europe 2012.

Before looking into redistributing the CFP internally I'd like to get
a better feeling whether you plan to organize the event around
particular tracks/themes. I could imagine that would help to search
for particular speakers having a particular expertise in a certain
domain.

Cheers
Daniel

Re: [STATUS] ApacheCon Europe 2012 CFP?

Posted by Steve Holden <st...@holdenweb.com>.
On May 30, 2012, at 5:55 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> The producer for ApacheCon North America, OpenBastion, have had very positive experiences with a particular conference management system (I forget the name, hopefully Steve can let us know!). That has a CFP system built in, so we may well end up opting to use that for Europe too. Once we have picked the track structures, we can feed those into whatever the chosen CFP system is, then open the CFP!

Nick:

Sorry, only in review did I notice you were asking for information.

The system to which you refer is called Symposion, an open source project of a company called Eldarion. We'll be engaging Eldarion to provision the site. And the Europe one. The European thing took us a bit by surprise, but we are delighted that you would like us to be somehow involved. I am sure it will teach us a lot.

I'll have a bit more to say about track structures shortly, but the discussions I have seen so far have been very interesting.

regards
 Steve
Next:       Open Django Central Jun 8-9:  http://opendjango.com/central/

Re: [STATUS] ApacheCon Europe 2012 CFP?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Wed, 30 May 2012, dsh wrote:
> after talking to Mohammad Nour El-Din on gtalk concerning ApacheCon
> Europe I thought I write a quick note to this list to figure out how
> the preparations for the CFP are progressing?

It's not open yet, but hopefully it's a few weeks away. See this list's
archives for details!

> The reason for my question is, that I am working at the German IBM R&D
> lab and I'd be happy to volunteer on distributing the CFP internally at
> our lab so we eventually would have some IBM speakers for ApacheCon
> Europe 2012.

Great, thanks.

> Before looking into redistributing the CFP internally I'd like to get a
> better feeling whether you plan to organize the event around particular
> tracks/themes. I could imagine that would help to search for particular
> speakers having a particular expertise in a certain domain.

Everyone is currently discussing the best makeup of tracks and themes
here, so please join in with your ideas on what would be good.