Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch> on 2015/03/27 18:07:26 UTC

How to enable cookies in Apache Tomcat

Hello,

Trying to test jsp page in Apache Tomcat 8.0, I've met problems - opened
page displays suggestions how to enable cookies in different browsers.

Is there some option, allowing to setup/enable cookies in Apache Tomcat.

Thanks in advance

Pavel

---

Re: How to enable cookies in Apache Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: How to enable cookies in Apache Tomcat

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
Chris,

Indeed, I forgot about comments ... but after removing them the issue persists - the pair tomcat/tomcat (for username/password) still doesn't work.
Concerning authentication, probably I have a reason - but how to check if this is actually the case ?

The final goal of my demarche - automatize articles downloading from some portal: page is analyzed, links to .pdf files found, and then special classes are used for downloading.
Initially I realized such approach in C# and it worked properly with another portal with "simple" pages.

In actual portal (with jsp pages) this approach no more works. So I try to find some solution with Java/tomcat.
If I succeed to properly run jsp page on tomcat, probably there is a technic allowing to access "running result" from java code.

Regards

Pavel.

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
In attachment I've put the content of .jsp

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Pavel Yermolenko wrote:
> Hello Chuck,
>
> In my default browser (Chrome) the cookies are enabled, the proof is: the
> .jsp page is correctly displayed in browser.
> In the meantime I've tried to access to Manager App page from main page
> http://localhost:8080/, but access were refused (I tried username  =
> "tomcat", password = "tomcat").
> These default credentials are specified in tomcat-user.xml file. Where is a
> problem ?

That in the default tomcat-users.xml file, they are commented-out ?
Look for enclosing <!-- ... --> signs.
Those indicate that anything in-between is a comment.

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
Ok Chuck, I'm sorry.
I'll not repeat this error.

> In the meantime I've tried to access to Manager App page from main page

This is a different issue, so should be discussed in a different thread.
Read this first:

 - Chuck

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Pavel Yermolenko <py...@sunrise.ch>.
Chris,

Indeed, it was the case - after checking 2 other browsers (IE and Mozilla) I discovered that cookies weren't enable there.
I enabled them in both (IE and Mozilla), but nothing changed in Eclipse when I run .jsp page.

I can attach .jsp file (47kB), but not sure that it's supported by forum rules ?

Regards

Pavel

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.