Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcel Gosselin <mg...@interstarinc.com> on 2004/06/10 15:31:22 UTC

Page encodings

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions regarding character encodings in Tomcat.

Right now we`re using an old Tomcat version (3.2) but we think about
upgrading to a new version if it solves our problem in an easy way.

Is there a way to set Tomcat so that it both
- always sends the HTTP header about page encoding to UTF-8
- sends the page UTF-8 encoded
- gets the right characters when I use request.getParameters() or
request.getParameterValues()

I would like to prevent changing all the JSP pages to add
response.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")
and change every HTML form to specify that we expect UTF-8 at the other end.

Thanks a lot

Marcel Gosselin

RE: Page encodings

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@silvacom.com>.
What's your current solution?  Interceptor?

Servlet 2.3(Tomcat 4.0)+ supports filters.  You may want take a look.

There is lots of examples on using an Encoding Filter.

Yan