Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/27 14:36:35 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem IP address coming in URL instead of domain name.

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. There is not a single
question in your mail.

What is your problem? What are you trying to achieve? What are you
getting in stead?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem IP address coming in URL instead of domain name.

Posted by Tapas Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,Tom
Thanks a lot for your help.After going through some more documentation
and tests I did generate the correct URL and it is actually working
the way you said.
Thanks for your explanation.

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem IP address coming in URL instead of domain name.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Krist van Besien
> <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. There is not a single
>> question in your mail.
>>
>> What is your problem? What are you trying to achieve? What are you
>> getting in stead?
>
> +1 -- I punched out before reading the entire thing due to
> length/clarity.  On lists like this, summarize then provide supporting
> detail

Unfortunately, I think I know what he means :/

You are trying to reverse proxy to a plone/zope instance. Plone/Zope
doesn't look at the incoming headers to determine what URLs it should
generate, it looks at the requested 'VirtualHostBase' to generate
absolute URLs. In this case, you have specified VirtualHostBase with
an IP address, so plone/zope will generate absolute URLs with that IP
address, which is your problem.

You will want to change this URL in the rewrite:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/192.168.1.5:8080/eduCommons/VirtualHostRoot/$1

to something like this:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/site5.abc.com/eduCommons/VirtualHostRoot/$1

(this is making me feel ill trying to remember this stuff)

Cheers

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem IP address coming in URL instead of domain name.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.