Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Lasantha Ranaweera <la...@opensource.lk> on 2007/03/13 06:28:58 UTC

Workaround for MyFaces Snaphot

Hi,

I know this is yet another Maven question than Geronimo. I am building G
source code off line mode most of the time. This build is failing after
couple of hours (off line mode) due to the MyFaces jar as given below
(until I am going in to the on line mode again). Has anybody come across
work around for this issue?

Thanks,
Lasantha

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.core
-DartifactId=myfaces-api \
          -Dversion=1.2.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-tomcat6:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.myfaces.core:myfaces-api:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-tomcat6:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-incubator
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/),
  axis2-m2-repo (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2/),
  tomcat-m2-repo (http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository/)

Re: Workaround for MyFaces Snaphot

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
My guess is that they aren't using mvn deploy to push their snapshots
and you have a short snapshot timeout period configured in maven (I
dont know how to change it, I think the default is 24 hours)

When I looked on the snapshot repo I didn't see any myfaces
timestamped artifacts, which I think is causing this problem

I find it really frustrating too.

thanks
david jencks