Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Jan Stöcker <Ja...@q2web.de> on 2010/06/15 14:31:29 UTC

HDFS file append

Hello,

in the hdfs-default.xml, I found the warning that the property

"dfs.support.append" is false by default, because of the "append

code" containing bugs.

For our test case (which is not very complicated),  I tried it out

nevertheless (in a C program using libhdfs), and I did not

encounter any problems yet. The only thing I noticed is that the

modification date of the file to which I append is not changed.

Could someone indicate which other bugs may occur? And in

which cases? Because the append could be quite useful for me,

and I would like to know the risk.

Thanks in advance

Jan

AW: HDFS file append

Posted by Jan Stöcker <Ja...@q2web.de>.
O.k., thanks for the information & the suggestions!

Jan

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: HDFS file append

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.