Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id> on 2014/04/22 05:45:57 UTC

How to Deploy

I have local Ofbiz on my laptop running Windows. And Ofbiz on the server
running on Linux. How to deploy if I did changes on java files?

I have several classes file on bin folder after I clean and build Ofbiz from
Eclipse.

What is the best method to apply changes to Ofbiz?

Best Regards

Eric Halim

---

believed to be clean.

Re: How to Deploy

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Eric,

You should seriously read this https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Addressing+Custom+Requirements+In+OFBiz

Jacques

RE: How to Deploy

Posted by Harsha Chadhar <ha...@tcs.com>.
Hi Eric,

From:
"Eric Halim" <er...@ppu.co.id>
To:
<us...@ofbiz.apache.org>
Date:
04/22/2014 11:32 AM
RE: How to Deploy

Thanks. In what case should we use hot-deploy folder?

Best Regards
Eric Halim

If the changes are in OFBiz OOTB files, you can create a diff from your
working copy and apply it to ofbiz deployment on the server. Moreover you
can keep/maintain the patch in your own repository for future deployments.

Regards
Vikas

On Apr 22, 2014, at 9:15 AM, Eric Halim wrote:

> I have local Ofbiz on my laptop running Windows. And Ofbiz on the
> server running on Linux. How to deploy if I did changes on java files?
>
> I have several classes file on bin folder after I clean and build
> Ofbiz from Eclipse.
>

> What is the best method to apply changes to Ofbiz?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Eric Halim
>

> ---
protection is active.

---
protection is active.

believed to be clean.

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

RE: How to Deploy

Posted by Eric Halim <er...@ppu.co.id>.
Thanks. In what case should we use hot-deploy folder?

Best Regards
Eric Halim

If the changes are in OFBiz OOTB files, you can create a diff from your
working copy and apply it to ofbiz deployment on the server. Moreover you
can keep/maintain the patch in your own repository for future deployments.

Regards
Vikas

On Apr 22, 2014, at 9:15 AM, Eric Halim wrote:

> I have local Ofbiz on my laptop running Windows. And Ofbiz on the
> server running on Linux. How to deploy if I did changes on java files?
>
> I have several classes file on bin folder after I clean and build
> Ofbiz from Eclipse.
>

> What is the best method to apply changes to Ofbiz?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Eric Halim
>

> ---
protection is active.