Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de> on 2004/06/23 08:03:33 UTC

Re[2]: no struts classes (jar files) found by application

Hello Michael,

MK> Hello Dirk,

MK> thanks for your answer.

MK> That means that I end up with tons of redundant struts packages on my
MK> production machines and many redundantdantdant class loading processes
MK> on server startup. Oh well, hard to digest ...

MK> BTW, do you know by any chance whether this applies to the velocity
MK> packages and to the commons libraries too?

Bill in an earlier mail gives you the link to a document describing
the problem in more detail. I don't know whether velocity can be put
into the shared directory, but I doubt and wouldn't advise.

Re: no struts classes (jar files) found by application

Posted by Michael Kastner <ka...@galt.de>.
Hello,

I just wanted to thank all those, who replied to my question. Thanks for
all the useful hints.

I must have been blind. The link, mentioned by Bill, really explains it:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html#config_add

Thanks for your patience

Michael Kastner