Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org> on 2013/04/24 14:06:38 UTC

Unit Test Dependencies for Avro Sink

I noticed the following failures when I was trying to run some tests a few
days ago.

I wanted to find out why these unit tests would depend on the availability
of a local socket in order for it to work properly.

It seems the failure to bind to the socket is causing the tests to fail.

>From the surface, I dont think the unit tests should depend on its ability
to bind to the sockets.

These type of test looks like it belongs in a separate regression suite for
functional testing.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

 testProcess(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink): Failed to bind to: /
127.0.0.1:41414
  testTimeout(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink): Failed to bind to: /
127.0.0.1:41414
  testFailedConnect(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink): Failed to bind to:
/127.0.0.1:41414
  testReset(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink): Failed to bind to: /
127.0.0.1:41414
  testRequestWithNoCompression(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink): Failed
to bind to: /127.0.0.1:41414

testRequestWithCompressionOnClientAndServerOnLevel0(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink):
Failed to bind to: /127.0.0.1:41414

testRequestWithCompressionOnClientAndServerOnLevel1(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink):
Failed to bind to: /127.0.0.1:41414

testRequestWithCompressionOnClientAndServerOnLevel6(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink):
Failed to bind to: /127.0.0.1:41414

testRequestWithCompressionOnClientAndServerOnLevel9(org.apache.flume.sink.TestAvroSink):
Failed to bind to: /127.0.0.1:41414