Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea <av...@sysev.com> on 2004/05/12 23:25:24 UTC

importing XML file caching issues?

In my JSP, I import an XML file from my filesystem.  The commands are
straightforward:

<c:import url="${xmlFile}" var="xmlData" />
<x:parse xml="${xmlData}" scope="page" var="dataXML"/>

When I post my JSP to the server, I process the formdata, retrieve the same XML
file from the filesystem, populate the data from the JSP into the XML file, use
a PrintWriter to stream the XML file back out to the filesystem, and redirect
to the same JSP.

The data, however, does not appear to have persisted.  When I view the file on
the filesystem, the file was written out with the correct data.  After
refreshing the JSP a couple times, the correct data finally appears.  It seems
like the XML file is cached in the JSP.

The JSP file where I actually import and parse the XML is included in a main
JSP using the <jsp:include page="<%=incFile%>" flush="true"> command.

I am using JSTL 1.0 on iPlanet web server.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.