Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com> on 2009/03/25 18:35:54 UTC

Help with Security Manager

So, I'm trying to configure my webapp to be able to create/read/write a
directory outside of the webapp directory.

I start tomcat with the -security option after adding the following to the
bottom of the catalina.policy file:

grant codeBase "${tomcat-home}/webapps/smc-appsuite" {
			permission java.io.FilePermission
"${tomcat.home}/webapps/smc-appsuite/-", "read";
};

grant codeBase "${tomcat-home}/webapps/smc-appsuite" {
  permission java.io.FilePermission "/cas/db/smc-appsuite-db", "write";
};

I added the first because enabling security resulted in this:

Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission
/apache-tomcat-5.5.27/webapps/smc-appsuite/WEB-INF/classes/logging.propertie
s read)

I've tried plenty of permutations with this, and no luck.  Can someone help?