Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Wei-Shun Lo <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/26 00:43:09 UTC

pyspark installation using pip3

Hi Spark dev team,

I found that the pyspark installation may always download the full package
again and it is not quite reasonable move. Please see the screen shot for
information. A version-check before reinstall will be better. Please
advise, and thanks. !

Best ,
Ralic
*____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____*
*____**____**____**____**____**____*
* Contact Info                                            *
 *US Mobile: 1-408-609-7628                   *

Em
ail: raliclo@gmail.com
*____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____**____*
*____**____**____**____**____**____*

Re: pyspark installation using pip3

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
The reinstall and caching mechanism is managed by pip its self so I'm not
super sure what your asking for?

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 5:43 PM Wei-Shun Lo <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Spark dev team,
>
> I found that the pyspark installation may always download the full package
> again and it is not quite reasonable move. Please see the screen shot for
> information. A version-check before reinstall will be better. Please
> advise, and thanks. !
>

> Best ,
> Ralic
> * Contact Info                                            *
>
>  *US Mobile: 1-408-609-7628                   *
>
> Em
> ail: raliclo@gmail.com

Cell : 425-233-8271