Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 13:35:36 UTC

[ANN] JumpStart 7.0 Preview-6: for Tapestry 5.4

Hi all,

There's a new JumpStart preview demo for Tapestry 5.4. You can use it here:

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/

The biggest change is in the Ajax Components CRUD example. I'm very pleased that it now works without an activation context, activation request parameters, or session persistence.

But here's a question for all of you: are the techniques I've used the best way? In particular:

* The page is no longer aware of the filter's partialName - it used to @Persist it. Now, when it thinks the PersonList needs refreshing, it calls a method in the PersonList. PersonList knows that only the client knows the partialName, so it invokes JavaScript to submit the filterForm. Is this JavaScript OK? And is there a better way to update the the filterForm's context with selectedPersonId?

* I created a GridWithContext component and modified Tapestry's GridPager to include the context in its links and bubble up a new event with the context. This is how I avoid losing the selectedPersonId. Is there a simpler way that I've overlooked?

Cheers,

Geoff