Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Leach, Henry" <HL...@cc.ucsf.edu> on 2004/11/03 19:59:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Web Site

Question:

I want to host a web site on a server that already has IIS running. The
server already hosts another web site running IIS using port 80. I want to
use a different IP Address and host another web site using Apache, can I use
port 80 with Apache with this different web site using the different IP
Address or will I run into trouble. Since port 80 is already occupied by a
web site running IIS?

Re: [users@httpd] Web Site

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:07:01 +0100, Patrick Donker
<li...@webpagina.nu> wrote:
> Leach, Henry wrote:
>

> > Question:
> >
> > I want to host a web site on a server that already has IIS running. The
> > server already hosts another web site running IIS using port 80. I want
> > to use a different IP Address and host another web site using Apache,
> > can I use port 80 with Apache with this different web site using the
> > different IP Address or will I run into trouble. Since port 80 is
> > already occupied by a web site running IIS?
> >

> no

Huh?  Of course you can, as long as you restrict IIS to only listening
on the single IP address.  (I'm not sure how to do this, but some info
is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238131 .)

You control which IP addresses and ports that Apache uses by using the
Listen directive in httpd.conf.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Web Site

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.