Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com> on 2009/10/12 18:01:52 UTC

Changes to C++ code: Socket interface

This mostly affects the Windows platform:

For the Posix port of the c++ code, I've modified the Socket class
interface and introduced a new SocketAddress class. Currently this is
only used in the Posix port, and I think (hope) that my changes haven't
broken the windows port.

However it is my intention to expose the SocketAddress class higher up
in the broker so I'd really appreciate it if someone would port the new
code into the windows port.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Changes to C++ code: Socket interface

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 12:01 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> However it is my intention to expose the SocketAddress class higher up
> in the broker so I'd really appreciate it if someone would port the new
> code into the windows port.

I forgot to mention the purpose of these changes: They are intended to
help support IPv6 and Unix domain socket transports.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
I added the needed changes last night... Please let me know if
anything looks odd.

-Steve

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Andrew,

> This mostly affects the Windows platform:
>
> For the Posix port of the c++ code, I've modified the Socket class
> interface and introduced a new SocketAddress class. Currently this
is
> only used in the Posix port, and I think (hope) that my
> changes haven't broken the windows port.

Ok... This may be related to the broken Linux Cmake build from last
night?
(http://www.riverace.com/CDash-1.4.2/index.php?project=qpid-cpp&date=2
009-10-12)

> However it is my intention to expose the SocketAddress class higher
up
> in the broker so I'd really appreciate it if someone would
> port the new code into the windows port.

I'll look at this. Could you please have a look at the errors above
and let me know if this is part of the SocketAddress changes and, if
so, are you addressing it?

Thanks,
-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org