Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/04/10 15:00:40 UTC

shared branch and tomahawk head

Hi!

I made some additions to shared required by tomahawk.
Now, as soon as I commit them, its no longer possible to build tomahawk
head against shared branch.

I know, there is shared_impl and shared_tomahawk made exactly to avoid
this conflict - but it works only at runtime - not at compile time as
maven creates the shared_* stuff always using the currently checked out
shared version/branch.

What shall I do, wait until the release is out of the door?
Or can we have a tomahawk "compatibility" branch? A branch we dont want
to release, just to keep the system compilable for those building the
release.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: shared branch and tomahawk head

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
>> I made some additions to shared required by tomahawk.
>> Now, as soon as I commit them, its no longer possible to build tomahawk
>> head against shared branch.
>>

> Why are you doing this?  You should be building tomahawk trunk against
> the shared trunk.  Am I missing something here?

In fact I wont do this, but if someone tries to build the branched stuff
- eg. by checkout myfaces and overlay the branches - its no longer
possible to build the whole stuff (shared, impl, tomahawk) together.  I
was under the impression that this is the way you to do it.
If I was wrong I am happy whith this and will commit my stuff :-)

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
> I made some additions to shared required by tomahawk.
> Now, as soon as I commit them, its no longer possible to build tomahawk
> head against shared branch.

Why are you doing this?  You should be building tomahawk trunk against
the shared trunk.  Am I missing something here?

Sean