Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by alan milligan <al...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/19 11:02:22 UTC

Sessions

Hi All,

I have asked similar questions to this before, but I am not getting the
desired behaviour out of my Embperl (2.0b3) sessions.

I have written my own PerlHandler for authorisation which uses Embperl, but
regardless of using it, each time I load a page, a new session object gets
written!

I have in my Apache config:
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 25104
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH /

    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES = "File Null" ;
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS    = "/tmp" ;

With this, I just have to continually reload my site's index page and watch
/tmp filling up with session files.

The documentation suggests that for modules that don't directly call
HTML::Embperl::Execute, the following calls should be made within the
module:

    $udat = HTML::Embperl::Req::SetupSession($req_rec);
    HTML::Embperl::Req::SetSessionCookie;
    HTML::Embperl::Req::CleanupSession;

I have done all of this to no avail.  Again, this fails for a 'Normal'
Embperl (ie with standard mod_auth).

I am also at a loss to stand-alone debug this as the SetSessionCookie does
require an Apache::request object.  For example, the following stub also
exhibits exactly my problem, but I am unsure what is/should be happening as
there isn't a consistent $r being passed around and I expect the MD5
mangling is giving me the randomness for not detecting the 'original'
cookie:

BEGIN
{
    $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES} = "File Null" ;
    $ENV{EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS}    = "/tmp" ;
} ;

use HTML::Embperl;
use Data::Dumper;

my $udat = HTML::Embperl::Req::SetupSession;

print '%udat is ', Dumper $udat, "\n";
#HTML::Embperl::Req::SetSessionCookie;
HTML::Embperl::Req::CleanupSession;

I'd like to know if I'm doing something obviously wrong, and/or if anyone
has a Store/Lock combination that does work consistently.

Cheer, Alan

Re: Sessions

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Your setup and code seems to be ok. Before we try to debug it further please
try to upgrade to Embperl 2.0b4 and Apache::SessionX 2.00b3, which I just
released.

Gerald