Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ivan Gužvinec <iv...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/25 17:21:58 UTC

Extending 'sealed' classes & usage in comercial solution.

Hi all,

I'm under the impression that this list might also be used for questions
regarding the .NET port of Lucene (Lucene.NET).

I would have to extend some of the 'sealed' classes in Lucene.NET that we
use extensively in our products. That would require of me to edit/change the
library which is constrained by Apache licence. As I understand there are no
licencing problems if we use unmodified source/binary distribution in our
product, but what about modified/changed sources/binaries?

Would it be ok, if we just published our modified library, or are there any
other requirements/restrictions regarding the usage in our commercial
solutions?

Can anyone please elaborate on this issue.

Regards,
Ivan

RE: Extending 'sealed' classes & usage in comercial solution.

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <lu...@lucenedotnet.com>.
Hi,

> From: Ivan Guzvinec [mailto:ivan.guzvinec@gmail.com]
>
> Would it be ok, if we just published our modified library, or
> are there any other requirements/restrictions regarding the
> usage in our commercial solutions?
>
> Can anyone please elaborate on this issue.

See http://apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html for more details.

Pasha Bizhan