Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Edmar Edilton da Silva <ra...@ic.unicamp.br> on 2000/12/02 18:15:55 UTC

speed of the perl scripts under mod_perl!!!

    Hi all,
        I have installed on my machine the apache and mod_perl. I'd like
to know if when the child processes of the apache are created already
exists a copy of the Perl interprer into each apache's child process, or
only will exist after that requestions to the perl script arrive for
each child process? I am asking because I think that initially the perl
scritps are much more slow than later. A last question, my machine has
only 64MB of RAM, How many child processes of the apache must be created
during the starting for getting a good performance? I am using 10
processes. Thanks for any help...

            Edmar Edilton da Silva
    Bacharel em Ciência da Computacão - UFV
  Mestrando em Ciência da Computacão - UNICAMP

Re: speed of the perl scripts under mod_perl!!!

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

any help can be found here: http://perl.apache.org/guide, well most of any :)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://jazzvalley.com