Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/13 19:46:12 UTC

Getting *original* request path

How do I get the original request URI or path after a page has been
forwarded using pageContext.forward()?

The webapp I'm developing uses pageContext.forward() to send requests
to different JSPs for processing (for example to send someone to a
login page if they are not logged in), but once they are forwarded
methods such as:

request.getRequestURI()
request.getServletPath()
HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)

only return info relevant to the new page.

How do I get the info for the original page?

Thanks,
August

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: Getting *original* request path

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
That's actually what I wound up doing. I just wanted to make sure that
there wasn't a simpler way. It seems to me there should be a method in
the API for just such occasions...

-August

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, August Detlefsen wrote:

> How do I get the original request URI or path after a page has been
> forwarded using pageContext.forward()?
>
> The webapp I'm developing uses pageContext.forward() to send requests
> to different JSPs for processing (for example to send someone to a
> login page if they are not logged in), but once they are forwarded
> methods such as:
>
> request.getRequestURI()
> request.getServletPath()
> HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)
>
> only return info relevant to the new page.
>
> How do I get the info for the original page?

Save the request URI of the original page in a request attribute before
you do the forwarding.

> Thanks,
> August

Craig