Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by jayn <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/14 16:26:14 UTC

Re: Security in Ignite

Hello,
Sorry to reply to this old thread but being a data fabric and the most
popular being data grid and data needs security in the first place, it would
give a great boost if some basic plugin/security code is already provided to
hook up quickly to an ldap server or DB.

I was doing a POC on Ignite and the very first question my team asked is
about security and i said that there is some way to hook up but not clear
and i've not tried it. They stopped the discussion right there.

Again, it would be a tremendous boost to this product if security plugins
are readily available for a data related product right and it might be of
not much value if all features are there but this one thing is not very
obvious?

thanks.

Re: Security in Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hello,

As Val told Apache Ignite doesn’t provide any security related functionality at the moment but rather some interfaces you can implement on your own.

To get the security support you need to look at commercial products built on top of Ignite:
https://docs.gridgain.com/docs/security-and-audit

—
Denis