Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hannes Erven <h....@gmx.at> on 2004/06/14 10:04:29 UTC

Does (a high) maxHttpHeaderSize have disadvantages?

Hi all,

are there any disadvantages from increasing maxHttpHeaderSize, say, to 65k?

(Despite having such long URLs prevents Internet Explorer users to click
them anyways, but that's a different story - *g*)

I scanned through the HttpConnector sources, and found that Tomcat allocates
two buffers that large for input- and output HTTP headers, so there is a
small increase in memory usage per request.

The site I have in mind is a (small) company intranet which does not have
tons of requests to serve.

Thank you,
with best regards

    -hannes