Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Josh Narins <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2006/06/11 16:41:02 UTC

Interrogating $r

Dear mod_perl community.

A while ago I listed a problem I had with mod_perl/apache (newest 1.x
series).[1]

I've still got this problem, and I am asking for help to debug the problem.

[1] Is it possible for a handler to set up an internal_redirect or
subrequest on a deferred basis?
[2] Is it possible to determine, by interrogating $r (for non-initial
requests) what caused the non-initial-request to be started?

Sometime between the fixup and content phases apache (in the same httpd
process) is trying some sort of subrequest. It starts the new request with a
chopped URL (/a/b/c/ becomes /c), starts at the Trans phase, and weirdly
enough, the webpages work (the content is served correctly, and I guess the
second request is simply discarded).

I've put my httpd.conf up at a pastebin. but not sure how long this one
lasts:
http://sial.org/pbot/17679

[1] - Dec 09, 2005, "Phase/URL Repeat" -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200512.mbox/ajax/%3cBAY106-F845646413032FD19E92D587450@phx.gbl%3e

Re: Interrogating $r

Posted by Tech <Te...@accesswave.ca>.
I have attempted all means proper to have myself removed from the list and
everything has failed.  If you could help in this manner I would appreciated
it.

Please remove me from the list.