Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by DE Clay <de...@zeromachine.net> on 2012/11/02 19:25:56 UTC

Feature request - Progress Inidictors in the web UI

I hope I'm sending this to the correct list.

I very much like the existing UI, but it would really benefit from
progress indicators for the asynchronous tasks that are run.  I'm
thinking specifically in the area of instance deployment and other long
running tasks that might have stages to their completion.

If this was reflected in the UI (instead of the simple blinker) that
would add to the sense of progress from the users point of view. ie
10% .. 20% ... 100% and maybe some text that describes the stage.

Thanks, --Daron
Daron E. Clay, CTO
ZeroMachine.net LLC
Information Technology Architect
VMware Certified Professional

Specializing in Cloud Computing Services
and x86 Virtual Infrastructure Solutions

Phone: 970-769-4805
Email: declay@zeromachine.net
Web: http://zeromachine.net

Re: Feature request - Progress Inidictors in the web UI

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-466 on
behalf of Daron.  This a great idea.

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.
+1

I think this seems to be a good idea . This would make the UI more informative and give a customer/developer/end user  some sense of understanding of the phases of tasks that run when an API is fired  , thereby rendering the flow of the  API call in some sense .

@Sonny/Brian/Jessica - what do you think ? Do you see any security concerns associated with this ?

Regards,
Pranav