Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com> on 2018/05/23 18:20:27 UTC

Java Direct Runner technical documentation is coming soon!

Hi devs,

Robin Qu and I, both new Beam contributors, have been working on adding new
features in Java Direct Runner. However, our experience was not that smooth
because there were no technical documents describing the overall design of
the direct runner.

As the Direct Runner is supposed to be the easiest runner to develop with,
we find it extremely useful to document the technical details of it so that
it can be the first step for any developers who wants to add new features
to Java SDK, or simply understand the basics of Beam. Also, the
documentation will make maintenance and debugging much easier.

We have just started documenting the overall architecture of the Java
Direct Runner with the help of Thomas Groh, and looking forward to publish
it once we have a draft ready. In the meantime, let us know if you have any
suggestions on what you would like to see in the documentation.

Thanks,
Huygaa

Re: Java Direct Runner technical documentation is coming soon!

Posted by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com>.

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lu...@gmail.com>.
Big +1 to that. :)

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.