Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2002/12/08 04:15:22 UTC

Broken java:jar-resources and test:test-resources

I've been looking at the recent changes to test:test-resources, as the
J2EE and Struts plugins were broken. From what I can tell the goal is
slightly broken.

I'll take test:test-resources first, as its the least broken:

code>    <j:if test="${unitTestSourcesPresent == 'true'}">
comment> Not sure why this test if for 'true' , but it is an ant property,
so maybe it's needed
code>      <j:if test="${!pom.build.unitTest.resources.isEmpty()}">
comment> Shouldn't this check be done in driver.jelly, similar to
unitTestSourcesPresent, e.g. unitTestResourcesPresent?
code>
code>        <!--
code>          We have to test for this because it appears that if the
code>          build/unitTest/resources is not set we end up with a value
code>          of ''. This might not be jelly but the way the POM is
processed
code>          but this will fix it for now. jvz.
code>        -->
code>
code>        <j:if test="${pom.build.unitTest.resources == ''}">
comment> Shouldn't this be a test for != ?
code>          <resources:copy
code>            resources="${pom.build.unitTest.resources}"
code>            todir="${maven.test.dest}"
code>          />
code>        </j:if>
code>      </j:if>
code>    </j:if>

Suggestion: Obviously the test is broken in Jelly, as it still does the
copies, so change the test so it works around the jelly bug, or fix jelly.
Suggestion: Move unit test resources (and build resources present) to
driver.jelly.

Votes on either of these?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting