Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2008/04/16 06:46:43 UTC

licensing question

Can HBase include CPL licensed code?  License seems fine (though I'm not
a lawyer) and junit used to be in Hadoop and its CPL.  But back in 2004,
emails from Bryan Behlendorf would seem to rule out anything but Apache
licenses been distributed off Apache servers:
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:QADktypdUA8J:mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jmeter-dev/200403.mbox/%253C20040310031124.76044.qmail%40web13305.mail.yahoo.com%253E+cpl+and+apache+license&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: licensing question

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks for the opinion Owen (and thanks for the resource Nigel).
St.Ack

Re: licensing question

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: licensing question