Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/29 15:48:26 UTC

ECharts Website Update Progress

Hi, everyone. It has been some while since we last discussed our Website
transferring topic.

I've updated a version today to https://echarts.apache.org .
Chinese version is under /zh/ and English version is under /en/.
https://echarts.apache.org/index.html shall redirect to /zh/ or /en/
depending on Web browser's language. But I don't know why, but the
index.html is not yet updated. I've created a JIRA ticket to ask the infra
[1].
*So please visit https://echarts.apache.org/en/index.html
<https://echarts.apache.org/en/index.html> instead
of https://echarts.apache.org <https://echarts.apache.org/> to check for
now.*

I'm sending this email to you so that you can check if the contents are all
correct. If there's anything worth discussing, please let me know.

I haven't change the analytics yet, which I will do in the following days.
All other things should be expected to be correct.
If we agree on the content, then we will make other domains like
echarts.baidu.com redirect to this one.

Anyway, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Wenli

Re: ECharts Website Update Progress

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
The INFRA has not replied on the JIRA yet. It has been 16 hours.

And this may cause big concerns in the future. If we redirect
echarts.baidu.com to apache domain, there would be more than 35k UV every
day.
If we have some problems when releasing the website, and the JIRA response
time is about 16 hours, that may seem quite unacceptable.

Is that anything we can do to deal with things like this, besides waiting
for JIRA to respond?

Wenli

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年5月29日周三 下午11:48写道: