Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 13:32:48 UTC

Re: [Engine 2.0] Moving to Commons Configuration?

2010/11/30 Adrian Tarau <ad...@gmail.com>:
> Except developers I do not expect anybody to create any implementation.
> However, even in this case "it is not nice" to break other applications if
> not really really necessary.

All this noise, and now I notice you are absolutely right, you only
did not mention the real reasons: other modules that access the
Velocity configuration.
The configuration (in the form of ExtendedProperties) is accessed at
least through VelocityEngine.getProperty, that goes to
RuntimeInstance.getProperty, that loads the property from
ExtendedProperties.
Since we don't know what other modules want as configuration, we must
keep this as generic as possible.

Thanks Adrian, you are right after all :-D

Antonio