Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/05/01 09:58:01 UTC

New branch is now available for upcoming releases of 10.04 series

The new release branch "10.04" is now available here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release10.04

Checkout instructions are, as usual, here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Source+Repository+and+Access

There is now a new version "Release Branch 10.04" in Jira that can be used to mark Jira tickets that contain patches (or bug reports) specifically addressed to this branch.

We will only accept bug fixes for this branch and we will issue official releases over time (tentatively every quarter).

To the whole community: please help to stabilize the branch with tests, bug reports and fixes; the quality of the upcoming releases in the 10.04 series will be determined by the activity and contribution of the community.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: New branch is now available for upcoming releases of 10.04 series

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Yeah it looks evident from the discussion that most of the people are
in favor of backporting unit tests (Thanks Everyone!)

and it is good to assume that one can backport a unit test from now
onwards, right?

I am sorry but I thought generally changes in policy are concluded
through voting.

Regards
Vikas

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Vikas Mayur" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Maintaining patches is another big job. We've done that, it gets difficult over time.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Oh, sorry, I did not know the patch was already been committed (and thus
already present in 10.04).
So please forget me.
-Bruno

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
I think it's better no tooltip.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
In fact, if anyone is willing to commit (for 10.04 and trunk), the patch
(productStoreFieldDescriptions2.patch
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12443367/productStoreFieldDescriptions2.patch>)
at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3747 provides description
labels for ProductStore.

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
Hi BJ,

Re: help feature 1.04

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
Thanks BJ!

I have put some basic documentation describing the steps at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/jgE7AQ

help feature 1.04

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Christopher Snow <sn...@snowconsulting.co.uk>.
Hi Bruno,

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1 on backporting tests - especially under the guise of stability.

Cheers,
Ruppert

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 on allowing backporting of tests.

What about backporting help files improvements?

-Bruno

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.