Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/10 18:42:10 UTC

I could swear this worked before

I am stuck.
It is something simple and I am sure the worked with older Hadoop versions.
Currently, I am running Hadoop 2.9.1.

Question: Why am I getting a null?  Clearly, the value has not been set,
but why?

Driver code:

Configuration conf = new Configuration;

Job job = Job.getInstance(conf, "somejobname");

conf.set("ZOOKEEPER_URI", "http://localhost:2181");

Mapper code:

protected void setup(Context ctx) throws IOException, InterruptedException {

Configuration conf = ctx.getConfiguration();

String zkURI = conf.get("ZOOKEEPER_URI");

// Here's the problem: zkURI is null.
}
System.out.println(ctx.getJobName());  // prints "somejobname" as expected.

Thanks all

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts