Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2006/12/10 19:22:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8

we've been through 4 release candidate for commons betwixt but the
consensus now seems to be that the candidate is now good enough.

release candidate 4 is available @
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/ and the site @
http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/

here's my +1

- robert

--8<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ ] +1 Release Commons Betwixt 0.8
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1 Do not release Commons Betwixt 0.8

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
by my count:

+1 robert burrell donkin
+1 Jörg Schaible
+1 Niall Pemberton
+0 Rahul Akolkar
+1 Mario Ivankovits

so the vote passes with 4 binding +1's

thanks to everyone who found the time to take a look

(and yes, i will make very sure i don't mess my signatures up this time)

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Niall

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
jar builds fine from source, all tests pass with JDK 1.5/Linux

+1

- Jörg

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/10/06, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:
<snip/>

> --8<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ ] +1 Release Commons Betwixt 0.8
> [X] +0
> [ ] -0
> [ ] -1 Do not release Commons Betwixt 0.8

Looks good (sums OK, sigs bar one, dists on 1.4 -- don't have 1.3
machine tonight, good manifest in jar, nit -- built on 1.4). +0 as
mentioned in earlier post in the thread (not sure about consensus,
this is my opinion).

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hey!
>> release candidate 4 is available @
>> http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/ and the site @
>> http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/
>>
> gpg: BAD signature from "Robert Burrell Donkin (CODE SIGNING KEY)
> <rd...@apache.org>"
>
> Any idea why its BAD?

Haven't had the time to look at the sig again, though, the rest looked good.

So: +1

Ciao,
Mario

Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Betwixt 0.8

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:12 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/betwixt/KEYS

<snap/>

Should've looked there, thanks.

> > Also, I personally favor (now) the style with which we've made the
> > last four releases out of Commons (final artifact versions, no need to
> > rebuild artifacts after vote). I'm generally plus zero (spelling it
> > out so its not confused with a vote) to the older style, such as this
> > vote.
>
> i seem to remember bad experiences with leakages to ibiblio long ago but
> if this isn't a probably any more, i'd prefer to vote on artifacts.

<snip/>

I think these days we're doing OK, things can get there mostly through
the Apache dist/ space (or I presume if a project developer contacts
the Maven team -- they require "proof of developer status" before
accepting distros, IIUC -- but thats probably not too relevant for ASF
projects).

> however, i haven't really kept up on the current fashions in the commons
> so i'm not sure what the current consensus is.
<snap/>

Not everyone has expressed an opinion on this, so we don't know. When
Craig brought this up some of us agreed, and no one seemed to
disagree.

> what i'll do is keep this
> thread running for those who prefer to vote on candidates. if there are
> too few votes, i'll cut a release and people can vote on that instead.

<snip/>

Sure.

-Rahul

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:12 -0500, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 12/11/06, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi Robert!
> > > release candidate 4 is available @
> > > http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/ and the site @
> > > http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/
> > >
> > I've updated my gpg key store using "gpg ---refresh-keys" and got your
> > now key (at least it looks like).
> > Then I tried to check the sig:
> >
> > # gpg --verify commons-betwixt-0.8-RC4.tar.gz.asc
> > commons-betwixt-0.8-RC4.tar.gz
> > gpg: Signature made So 10 Dez 2006 16:52:55 CET using DSA key ID 7D0D4DED
> > gpg: BAD signature from "Robert Burrell Donkin (CODE SIGNING KEY)
> > <rd...@apache.org>"

yeh:  it's bad

> > Any idea why its BAD?

i was in a rush and didn't bother double checking them :-/

> > The md5 sum is correct.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> I looked around for a couple of minutes, but couldn't find the key
> (tried the MIT server with "Robert Donkin",

needs to be the email address (rdonkin same as apache id)

> betwixt trunk and RC URL). Please point me to the key.

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/betwixt/KEYS

> Also, I personally favor (now) the style with which we've made the
> last four releases out of Commons (final artifact versions, no need to
> rebuild artifacts after vote). I'm generally plus zero (spelling it
> out so its not confused with a vote) to the older style, such as this
> vote.

i seem to remember bad experiences with leakages to ibiblio long ago but
if this isn't a probably any more, i'd prefer to vote on artifacts.

however, i haven't really kept up on the current fashions in the commons
so i'm not sure what the current consensus is. what i'll do is keep this

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/11/06, Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> wrote:
> Hi Robert!
> > release candidate 4 is available @
> > http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/ and the site @
> > http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/commons-betwixt/site/
> >
> I've updated my gpg key store using "gpg ---refresh-keys" and got your
> now key (at least it looks like).
> Then I tried to check the sig:
>
> # gpg --verify commons-betwixt-0.8-RC4.tar.gz.asc
> commons-betwixt-0.8-RC4.tar.gz
> gpg: Signature made So 10 Dez 2006 16:52:55 CET using DSA key ID 7D0D4DED
> gpg: BAD signature from "Robert Burrell Donkin (CODE SIGNING KEY)
> <rd...@apache.org>"
>
> Any idea why its BAD?
>
> The md5 sum is correct.

<snip/>

I looked around for a couple of minutes, but couldn't find the key
(tried the MIT server with "Robert Donkin", betwixt trunk and RC URL).
Please point me to the key.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Robert!