Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Reshef Mann <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/20 13:44:34 UTC

Replacing a broker in a cluster

Hi,

I hope someone can point me to the right place.

I'm running a Kafka (0.8) cluster of 3 machines and would like to upgrade
to bigger machines with bigger disks by replacing the servers one by one.
What are steps for performing it without compromising the stability of the
system?

Thanks,
Reshef

Re: Replacing a broker in a cluster

Posted by Reshef Mann <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Guozhang and Neha for your answers.

I will try Neha's approach as I want to replace the brokers.

--
Reshef
http://reshefmann.com/

Re: Replacing a broker in a cluster