Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Fitzgerald <mf...@oculusinfo.com> on 2006/11/28 19:11:18 UTC

[Axis2] Proposed CodegenToolReference.html fixes

I believe that the documentation at
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_0/CodegenToolReference.html#antref
needs a couple of updates in order to be accurate for Axis2 version 1.1
(which is the latest as far as I know).  :)  I write here in the hope
that this is the place to send such proposed documentation updates.

First, a minor proposed correction.  In the 'Example build File Using
the Custom Ant Task', an attribute named 'generateserverxml' is used in
the 'codegen' element.  This attribute is not supported by <codegen> --
'generateservicexml' is supported, however, and appears to do what is
intended by the example.

Now, a more significant and important proposed set of corrections.  :)
The list of JARs needed in the taskdef classpath for 'codegen' does not
seem to be up to date, or sufficient (for Axis 1.1).  First (minor
typo), there are no JAR files named axis-*.jar in Axis2 1.1's lib/
directory.  Perhaps this should read "axis2-*.jar"?  Second (another
minor typo), axis-wsdl4j-1.2.jar is not distributed with the latest
Axis2.  wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar _is_, however.  Third (another minor typo),
stax-api-1.0.jar is not distributed with Axis2 1.1 -- stax-api-1.0.1.jar is.

Fourth, finally, and more importantly, additional JARs are needed, at
least by me, in order to build my Java skeleton and stub code from my
WSDL 1.1 file.  Specifically,
    - commons-logging-1.1.jar,
    - neethi-2.0.jar,
    - XmlSchema-1.2.jar,
    - activation-1.1.jar,
    - axiom-api-1.2.jar,
    - axiom-impl-1.2.jar, and
    - wstx-asl-3.0.1.jar
are needed.

Could someone more knowledgeable (I've only been using Axis for a couple
of weeks or so, with half of that time in Axis1 land) please confirm
that my comments hold some validity?  :)

I hope that this email is helpful in improving the quality of Axis2 1.1+.

Thanks,

Mark Fitzgerald