Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Salil Gaitonde <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2000/04/13 14:59:26 UTC

changing location field?

Hi,

Using ApacheCocoon as the framework for our
architecture, but I'd like to hid the implementation
details from our end users.

I.e., I want to mask the location bar
at the top of the browser from displaying
cocoon, or *.xml, etc.  If I could just keep one
URL up there (www.foo.com) constant or change it to some
html URL that'd be nice.

Any ideas on how I could do this?  Javascript I suppose?

Thx,

--Salil

http://invites.yahoo.com

Re: changing location field?

Posted by Jari Aarniala <ja...@ioboxgroup.com>.
> I.e., I want to mask the location bar
> at the top of the browser from displaying
> cocoon, or *.xml, etc.  If I could just keep one
> URL up there (www.foo.com) constant or change it to some
> html URL that'd be nice.

Create a frameset like this:

<frameset rows="0,*" frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0">
    <frame src="some-blank-file.html">
    <frame src="content.xml">
</frameset>

The upper frame has the size of 0 pixels, so there´s no sign of it, the
frame with 'content.xml' takes up all the space ==> you´ll see the url of
the frameset in the browsers address box all the time although the content
changes. Get my point?

    Jari