Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Glanville, Jay" <Ja...@NaturalConvergence.com> on 2004/09/21 16:18:30 UTC

Is there a URL format for going to a change set?

Hello all.

If I've setup Subversion to use the HTTP protocol, is there a way that I
can directly access the contents of a change set?  For example, if I
wanted to list the files in checkin 43, I might go to
http://hostname/svn/repos/changeset/43.

I know that WebSVN might be able to do this, and I've already asked this
question on their mailing list.  Unfortunately, no response yet.

Thanks

JDG

--
Jay Glanville

Re: Is there a URL format for going to a change set?

Posted by Scott Lawrence <sl...@pingtel.com>.
On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 10:54, C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> > Wow.  That has to be the coolest hidden feature I've learned about in
> > quite a while.  Thanks.
>
> *Blush*  Makes the coding all worthwhile...
>
> The feature isn't really all *that* hidden, though -- these links
> appear in a couple of the different ViewCVS views.  For example, the
> directory view has a "Current revision" listing, and the value is a
> link to the revision view.  And one of the hundreds links in the log
> view does it, too, IIRC.

Looks like I need to update my viewcvs installation, because those links
just go to the file in my install.

--
Scott Lawrence
Consulting Engineer

Re: Is there a URL format for going to a change set?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Scott Lawrence <sl...@pingtel.com>.

Posted by Stefan Haller <ha...@ableton.com>.
Scott Lawrence <sl...@pingtel.com> wrote:

> I think that what he was asking for was a URL that would return all the
> members of a change set... not the file version as of a particular rev.
> I don't see a way to do that with the version of ViewCVS I'm using - has
> it been added?

I can't tell you where to click in ViewCVS's interface to get there, but
you can get it by using a URL such as

   <http://myhost/viewcvs.cgi?rev=123&view=rev>

We put these URLs in our commit emails.

--
Stefan Haller
Ableton
http://www.ableton.com/

Re: Is there a URL format for going to a change set?

Posted by Scott Lawrence <sl...@pingtel.com>.

Posted by John Rousseau <JR...@novell.com>.
ViewCVS does this nicely. http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

-John

Posted by Ian Schneider <Ia...@ars.usda.gov>.
On Tuesday 21 September 2004 10:18 am, Glanville, Jay wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> If I've setup Subversion to use the HTTP protocol, is there a way that I
> can directly access the contents of a change set?  For example, if I
> wanted to list the files in checkin 43, I might go to
> http://hostname/svn/repos/changeset/43.

AFAIK, not without the client. Something like:

svn log -v -r 43 pathtocheckout

works well for this