Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Micha <mi...@fantasymail.de> on 2017/07/18 09:43:23 UTC

sstabledump expects jna 5.1.0

Hello,

when calling sstabledump from cassandra 3.11 I get the error:

"There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system
Expected: 5.1.0
Found: 4.0.0"

Maybe I overlooked something, but after searching I found the newest
version to be 4.4 with 4.5 the upcoming new version.

My java version is 1.8.0_131, build 25.131-b11

Setting jna.nosys=true works however.

So, where does the required version 5.1 come from?

thanks,
 Michael

Re: sstabledump expects jna 5.1.0

Posted by Micha <mi...@fantasymail.de>.
Debian jessie, cassandra 3.11 binary debian install (which comes from
dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/ )

apt-cache policy shows that the version of the jna lib is 4.1.0

java 8 is a backport for jessie.

(not 4.0.0 , which is shown by sstabledump)

Cassandra itself doesn't show any error about jna

On 18.07.2017 13:36, Stefan Podkowinski wrote:
> I haven't been able to reproduce this on Ubuntu or CentOS. Which OS do
> you use? Did you install a pre-build package or tarball?

on a kde neon system I'm also not able to reproduce this...

Posted by Nicolas Guyomar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Cassandra ships with jna in its lib folder, I believe this is the only
dependency necessary. I found it the day I got the same problem you got,
meaning OS Jna overriding Cassandra embedded one

Posted by Micha <mi...@fantasymail.de>.

Posted by Stefan Podkowinski <sp...@apache.org>.