Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com> on 2000/05/04 11:41:15 UTC

Apache Server gone down?

Excuse the pun, but the Apache server appears to have gone down.

Amazing how these things happen just when you're about to look up a FAQ
for some important information!

Perhaps someone on the list is near enough to press the restart button! :-)

Stuart.

Re: Apache Server gone down?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> Excuse the pun, but the Apache server appears to have gone down.
>
> Amazing how these things happen just when you're about to look up a FAQ
> for some important information!
>
> Perhaps someone on the list is near enough to press the restart button! :-)

It's not that easy.

The machine were all the Apache stuff is hosted "locus.apache.org" has
been hacked. We know what happened since the crackers told us. But we
are making sure that no other backdoors were introduced.

We apologize for the incovenience, but security is a major concern for
the ASF.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.