Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Rajiv Kurian <ra...@signalfuse.com> on 2015/04/06 21:09:49 UTC

What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers

I have had some brokers die because of lack of disk space. The logs for all
partitions were way higher (5G+) than I would have expected given the how I
 configured them for (100 MB size AND 1h rollover).

What is the recommended way of recovering from this error. Should I delete
certain log files and try restarting again?

What is a good way for me to figure out if my configuration is actually
being respected. Since I don't have any topic specific configurations I
could not get this information directly from zookeeper.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Re: What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers

Posted by Samuel Chase <sa...@gmail.com>.
@Pradeep,

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:30 AM,  <pr...@wipro.com> wrote:
> I tried lot to unsubscribe from this list, even I send several e-mails. Please unsubscribe from this list, since mailbox is getting filled.

See here: http://kafka.apache.org/contact.html for instructions on how
to unsubscribe from the ML.

RE: What is the expected way to deal with out of space on brokers

Posted by pr...@wipro.com.
Hi All,

I tried lot to unsubscribe from this list, even I send several e-mails. Please unsubscribe from this list, since mailbox is getting filled.

Thanks,
pradeep