Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Martin Lichtin <li...@yahoo.com> on 2015/03/11 11:00:19 UTC

Configuring location of log4j out files

I was wondering about supporting configuring a specific location for the Karaf log files.
There are use cases where these files must not be kept under the "data" directory.
Could it be supported by use of a ${karaf.log} which defaults to ${karaf.data}/log ?

Re: Configuring location of log4j out files

Posted by Martin Lichtin <li...@yahoo.com>.
What I'm suggesting is to decouple the logfile location, as done with
other kinds of locations such as:

${karaf.home}
${karaf.base}
${karaf.data}
${karaf.etc}

and introduce an additional ${karaf.log} ($KARAF_LOG)

Currently, "${karaf.data}/log" (or $KARAF_DATA/log) occurs in several
places:

./etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg
./bin/stop
./bin/start
./bin/status

With a KARAF_LOG, the location could be managed in one place (./bin/setenv).

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
How about ${karaf.home}/log?

--

Apache Member