Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Zhiwu Xie <zh...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/25 07:53:18 UTC

Re[2]: problem with usecases

AH> Robert Goene wrote:

AH> [...]

>> By starting lenya in jetty (servlet-debug) and attaching Eclipse, i
>> guess? Never worked out for me, but i will try.

AH> What didn't work?

AH> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger

AH> At the very bottom, "2nd way" is sufficient.

While compiling, got the errors:

The import org.apache.lenya.cms.site.tree cannot be resolved.

All the other errors are related to this. Any idea?

Thanks,

Zhiwu

Re: problem with usecases

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 07:29 -0600, Zhiwu Xie wrote:
>
>>Yes I also did that. No build error anymore, but when following
>>http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger and used the
>>2nd method to debug, I got an error:
>>
>>"Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out."
>>

> You need to start lenya with:
> ./lenya.sh servlet-debug
>
> and then connect with the debugger.

BTW, make sure to connect at port 8000 and not 8888
(which seems to be a common pitfall).

-- Andreas

Re: Re[2]: problem with usecases

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 07:29 -0600, Zhiwu Xie wrote:
> Yes I also did that. No build error anymore, but when following
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger and used the
> 2nd method to debug, I got an error:
>
> "Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out."

You need to start lenya with:
./lenya.sh servlet-debug

and then connect with the debugger.

HTH

thorsten
--
Thorsten Scherler

Re[2]: problem with usecases

Posted by Zhiwu Xie <zh...@gmail.com>.
Yes I also did that. No build error anymore, but when following
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger and used the
2nd method to debug, I got an error:

"Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out."

Did you succeed with this?

The first method does work, only it does not give out much useful
information. Looks like just the same as those shown in the lenya
output window.

In that case, why not just follow
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LoadInEclipse

and build with the Eclipse built-in ant, which is a lot easier?

Zhiwu

Re: problem with usecases

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
I had to start from scratch yesterday with my lenya/eclipse setup and
followed http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipse.  I didn't
disable the auto build and had some build errors.  I then added some jar
files to the classpath as instructed in
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger [Creating a
lenya Project in Eclipse].  This got rid of the build errors for me.  I
was then able to follow the Running Lenya in the Eclipse debugger
instructions [http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/HowToLenyaInEclipseDebugger].

HTH
--Doug

Re: problem with usecases