Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Schlichtherle <ch...@schlichtherle.de> on 2012/02/07 02:06:17 UTC

maven-failsafe-plugin incorrect reports when running parallel tests

Hi everyone,

I recently added maven-failsafe-plugin version 2.11 to my build. When
running the integration tests in parallel it always reports test failures.

Now I have changed to version 2.12 and all of a sudden my test suite passes
without failures although I know that there are some multithreading issues
in my code.

When changing back to version 2.11 I get the test failures again as before.

So I wonder if there have been changes to the class loading between 2.11 and
2.12? I suspect that a separate class instance is used for each test with
2.12. This would explain why it passes the test suite all of a sudden.

Looking up the plugin site and JIRA change log has revealed no evidence of
this, however.

Regards,

Christian Schlichtherle

Re: maven-failsafe-plugin incorrect reports when running parallel tests

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE

AW: maven-failsafe-plugin incorrect reports when running parallel tests

Posted by Christian Schlichtherle <ch...@schlichtherle.de>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schlichtherle <ch...@schlichtherle.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
Depending on your forkMode, there was a classloading issue in 2.11
that caused tests to fail (works in all other versions).

(That was SUREFIRE-804, there may have been other permutations of
forkMode/useSystemClassLoader that were affected, I tested/closed a
few duplicates on this one)

As for threading issues, most of them are of intermittent characters,
so I will assume any consistent failures would be due to something
like 804.