Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karel Sedlacek <kv...@cornell.edu> on 2006/02/25 23:10:48 UTC

REMOTE_USER forwarding

Is there something I need to do in order to make sure that Tomcat is
passing along REMOTE_USER?   I have a Hyperion report server installation
that we want to convert to using transparent logon using delivered CGI
macros $REMOTE_USER$ and $TRUSTEDPASS$.  When I reconfigure the
Authentication service to use the macros, and hit the URL protected by our
SSO mechanism the behavior appears as though REMOTE_USER is not
populated.  Apache is definitely passing the header attribute as we use it
extensively on this site for non-Tomcat applications.  Help!  Thanks!

Karel Sedlacek                                          kvs1@cornell.edu
CIT Data Administration                                 Phn 607-255-7742
Cornell University                                              Fax
607-255-1297
Ithaca, NY 14853

Re: REMOTE_USER forwarding

Posted by Karel Sedlacek <kv...@cornell.edu>.
Marty, David,

Thanks for the replies...

We are using a Cornell developed SSO called CUWebAuth, and adding the
tomcatAuthentication="false" directive did the trick.  Transparent login
working beautifully 400 (soon to be 4000) happy users.

Thanks,
Karel

Re: REMOTE_USER forwarding

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.